Thursday, October 14, 2010

Katherine Paterson, Author Of Bridge To Terabithia

For me to find out what the story was behind Katherina Paterson's Bridge To Terabithia, I needed to find some little details about what had inspired her to write it, along with another book that is totally different. Deciding to look it up in a primary source, I visited her main website. http://www.terabithia.com/questions.html Where she talked about how she related the characters from her neighborhood.When she talks about her characters she wants the readers (us) to make sure that we respect the fact that the characters aren't perfect like her and the everyday person. That fact made me think about how it was really fascinating, to appreciate the fact that the characters can sometimes resemble us. For instance, Leslie, we're similar, the freaks of the class. That's the whole fun about it.
She also decided to make a brilliant name for the land that Jess and Leslie hailed. The thought Terabithia came from her imagination, with her thinking no one else had the name besides her. But she was pretty surprised to find out that C.W Lewis from "The voyage of the dawn treader."
Katherine Paterson to me is one of those people, who are smiling all the time, caring, and just there for you, when a bully is around. I loved how she answered my questions so easily as if she knew what we had to ask. Other than that, I really appreciate the fact that Katherine Paterson relates to us the readers with her characters, one of the main reasons I loved her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment