Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What Doesn't Deserve To Stay

Everyone had that particular time when they were being pushed into the corner, feeling low, and lost. Nobody can say they hadn't, it's a major issue after all. 
One of the main problems that affect a child's life is bullying, but then where are the people to reinforce? The parents. Sometimes they're the ones to blame, sometimes they need to be a bit more careful of what's going on at school, what's going on with their lives. 
To be honest, I've been bullied a terrible number of times and it's still going on today. Right now, right this week. It goes on all the time. I don't tell Mother or Father, although I should. I know they'll be there for me, but what's going to happen if they do something that hurts the person, they'll know it's me and they will be back.

Most parents do something when the bullying gets physical when actually it's the voice that hurts, that degrades a person, pushes the person so low, making them feel useless. As I write this, I know if the person who says pretty mean things to me sees it, they'll know exactly who I'm talking about.
Sometimes bullies bully because they want to be in the top social clique which to be honest I say is a full load of shit. It's unfair for the person who doesn't want anything to do with the person that bothers them but are still being bothered. Still are. 
I may not be top in the social clique, may not even be in the social cliques, but I know that it happens, it happens all the time. Kids try, try they really do. But it leads to nothingness. Nothing. Nothing. 
It hurts to see that kids try, and don't make it. They settle in their corner after being called names, being yelled at, or whatever. They shouldn't be hiding. Hiding makes the bully know that what they're doing is working, and they should keep going. Do something, take a stand.

I would kill to be the person who would reach out the hand, finally hold some of the weight that they're being pushed down by. But most of the time it's impossible. Or it's too late. The victim had dreams, dreams they wanted to accomplish sometime in their life, and it's being blown away. Away from them. Along with their lives.

Someone should take a stand and from that person it will grow to become two people, then people themselves, then a crowd, and eventually everyone. Don't hold back. Don't. And never do.

No comments:

Post a Comment