Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Where's Freedom Of Religion Now?

I've been pushed plenty of times from different folks to take of my headdress in which Muslims refer to as "Hijab." I refused, and guess what happens? I'm being cursed and pushed away. Why does it have to be like that? Why can't everyone be treated equally? What's their problem against me wearing it? And what's their issue against it, can't they live their life while we live our own, without anyone to interfere with it?
No, it isn't possible. And personally I don't think it's ever going to be possible. I will be questioned wherever I go. I will, but guess what? I will live with it.

Okay if there are  terrorists, I'm not saying there aren't, why do they have to be the role model for the whole of Islam? In an article by Terry Ross, he explains that there may be "terrorists" in Islam, but we shouldn't have that view for the whole of the society. 
He agrees that there certainly are Christian "terrorists," those who show a terrible image of Christianity out to the world, and the Christians aren't being targeted. Why is it different with us Muslims?

At points even I wonder, why we are being treated so badly, why? Do we deserve what's happening to us. Do we burn the Bible? Do we? Do we? No, we don't, why does our Qur'an have to be burned? Tell me that, and sometime soon, maybe the flames that burn within me, will come to a rest.
The tears that are hidden well behind my lids will erupt, my life isn't turning the way I want, and nobody has a say in it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the Muslim society overview shouldn't be based on terrorists but take this say someone questions a homosexual why they have that sexual orientation? it's just the same thing in different circumstances

    ReplyDelete