Thursday, May 26, 2011

Writing Prompt

"Some aspects of coming of age are pain and loss, disappointment and disillusionment..."
Oh heck yes. I've been through so much this year and right now I'm in this deep hole where I just want to sit be lazy and do nothing else besides just that. I give up on school, my mind is lost somewhere far away. All the things that had happened to me are so unexpected, I was so unaware of what I was supposed to do. I hated it all. I still hate it all. But I'm not making this big hole thing get bigger, because if it does...I'm screwed.
I'm losing so much. One piece at a time. I already lost my hobbies, my talents, what makes me...well me! My mother told me I had to give up on painting as we move, because the renovated place doesn't need any sloppiness, any little marks of paint, crayons and pastels. Basically all my favorite things. That's a huge loss in my world.
I gave up on writing. My writing is useless unneeded and unwanted. My wonderful pieces of art have been thrown away in the friggin' virtual trash can with no way to retrieve them again. They're lost. Oh great, yeah after two years of writing's worth is thrown away. You were an itty bitty closer to finishing that two hundred page novel that was dear to you and somebody just accidentally rebooted your computer so you never see it ever again.
Woohoo. I lost my talents. My heart crushed, my personality broken, what else? I don't need any more. I give up. I've lost the things that were the closest to me so why still go on if those things are unwanted now?

I've lost so much. So many things that were important, and a sure fact is that now that I've lost them, I'm never going to turn around and look for them. You don't look for things that you know for a sure fact are lost. And so, I'm not going to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment