Tuesday, March 8, 2011

If I Stay

I'm half stuck between life and death. Clinging onto dear life. I need to see the broad daylight once again. I want to be able to grip my loved one's hands once again. I want to see happily ever after.

That's only...If I Stay.

Mia is stuck. After a horrible car accident that included her family, she has been injured severely. Her body broken, spiritually and physically. She is stuck. Stuck between living and dying.

Dying would result in seeing her family again. Living would result in eternal coma and pain, but seeing many of her loved ones. Being able to see her boyfriend Adam, to go to school once again, start a life again, a new freshly wiped slate.

Which side will Mia choose?

There have been so many issues like this that are dealt with in the world. Losing someone would break a family's heart, but have they ever tried to look beyond and wonder how the person will live after the great big scar of eternity, a disease, a sickness, a plague, whatever it is. Would that person want to know that one time in their life they were stuck between death and life?

No one would want to be in that particular situation. I don't like to revert back to the past, but all I will say is that once my entire family was pulled into such a situation. Forgetting isn't easy. And it never will be for the person who is affected. A scar stays, it may fade a bit, but forever it will stay.

Forever.





No comments:

Post a Comment