Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's...Romeo and Julietttt the moronnnn lovers of kidage (if that makes sense)

        Red is the color of many things. Love, anger, hate and all of these things combined into something magical. Not always is there a happily ever after, not always is there "true love," there's always something that screws it up.
         True love cannot burn- it only burns if it isn't meant for it. There's only one love that I've seen that is everlasting. Romeo and Juliet's. They are lovers of such a young age yet cannot seem to think about life another way without each other. Now today, during  modern day, people think that they are so much in love that they would do anything for each other. Well...if  there was only enough time for one person to escape a fire or something tragic I highly doubt that anyone would try to save their lover. Hell no, they rather save themselves. Yet, when you read Romeo and Juliet you can see how deep and how affectionate their love is. 
        Romeo sees Juliet, assuming she's dead, and commits suicide so that they could once again be with each other. You tell me now, who would ever kill themselves just to be with the person they assume their ever so in "love" with. Good luck, folks. Most people won't dare to risk their life for the one they assume that they "love."
        Now, when I think about it, and when I speak to people of all races and gender I can't help but think that the love that had awakened between Romeo and Juliet seemed unreal. Now that's my opinion, because to me and to many people who agree they seem to think that true love is a myth. It might be as well. Who thinks that the person they are "dating" will last longer than after school ends? Uh, don't think so. 
        Are fairies real? Would you act like a total idiot to go out and find a fairy so that she'll grant you your three wishes? Er, no, because you know there are no such thing as fairies and that there aren't wishes. The fairy will always come to you, if you deserve the wishes, it won't come if you don't. The same- in my opinion goes for true love similar to Romeo and Juliet, they didn't search deeply. Well, Romeo did, but Juliet had no mind of thinking about falling in love or getting married. Look how it approached her, the blazing heat of love, and affected her brain. The only thing on her mind is...Romeo. The only thing on Romeo's mind is...Juliet.  You understand now, how strange this book seems? 
        Reading Romeo and Juliet for the second time, I was engulfed in a world that didn't seem so vast the first time reading it. I took it as a bunch of young lovers who were stupid and didn't realize what life was.   
        When I read Romeo and Juliet the first time there were very little emotions that immersed in my mind. Romeo- a total idiot who keeps getting depressed just because he can't find true love? Love is different from the way Romeo thinks of it. He falls in love with one girl- then switches his gaze to another, and at the same time expects the girl to love him back, so that he can live happily ever after.  

Not so much Prince Charming. 
        
        Everything seemed so explicit. The plot in my opinion was very easy to figure out. It was all laid out in front of me, and when that happens, reading that book doesn't seem so much fun.  
       The one thing that made me stagger a bit was the ending. Romeo dies, and then Juliet- believing the love between them had been so authentic, that she decides to kill herself as well, so that they can once again be together. 
        
That's great. I love the ending. It's not Cinderella.

         But one thing I also don't understand about Shakespeare's play was why he made it unreal? (MY OPINION!) Is there really some event that ended up being as true as this one?
         That got me confused, and that's one of the questions I'm trying to unveil when I'm reading Romeo and Juliet again.Hopefully Romeo and Juliet will become a bit more clearer and make much more sense.
         After starting to re-read Romeo and Juliet I guess I found out what Shakespeare is trying to say: there's love out there for everyone. Everyone has a soul mate. Everyone will have someone they can't stop thinking about. Maybe the day will be tomorrow or maybe it's today. It's there. And it will come to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment