Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Tis' The Final (Sucky) Draft



     Red is the color of many things. Love, anger, hate and all of these things combined into something magical. Not always is there a happily ever after, not always is there "true love," there's always something that has to come in between. The drama in the world always affects a person in different ways. There are always issues that have to screw things up. But true love cannot burn- it only burns if it isn't meant for it. There's only one love that I've seen that is everlasting. Romeo and Juliet's. They are lovers of such a young age yet cannot seem to think about life another way without each other. Now today, during modern day, people think that they are so much in love that they would do anything for each other. Well…if a person who claims they love their “lover” is in danger and only one person could be saved, would they save that person? No, they rather save themselves. Yet, when you read Romeo and Juliet you can see how deep and how affectionate their love is, compared to the people of modern day.
     Reading Romeo and Juliet for the second time, I was engulfed in a world that didn't seem so vast the first time reading it. I took it as a bunch of young lovers who were stupid and didn't realize what life was and how they were using it. 
     When I read Romeo and Juliet the first time there were very little emotions that immersed in my mind. Romeo- a total idiot who keeps getting depressed just because he can't find true love? Love is different from the way Romeo thinks of it. He falls in love with one girl- then switches his gaze to another, and at the same time expects the girl to love him back, so that he can live happily ever after.  
     Not so much Prince Charming.      
   
      But one thing I don't understand about Shakespeare's play was why he made it unreal? (MY OPINION!) Is there really some event that ended up being as true as this one? Or was Shakespeare feeling this way when he got married?
        
      That got me confused, and these are some of the questions I'm trying to unveil when I'm reading Romeo and Juliet again. Hopefully Romeo and Juliet will become a bit clearer and make much more sense.

     After starting to re-read Romeo and Juliet I guess I found out what Shakespeare is trying to say: there's love out there for everyone. Everyone has a soul mate. Everyone will have someone they can't stop thinking about. Maybe the day will be tomorrow or maybe it's today. It's there. And it will come to you...I guess Shakespeare was trying to indicate that in his play, and he emphasized it quite well. But at the same time the same love went for him and his life, so I guess he displays his own life for us to follow and that’s what made Shakespeare’s “romantic,” “tragic,” and “comedic” play something more than just a play- perhaps even a life lesson.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree plus you make me interpret romeo and juliet in a different way now thx ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jose
    you've given me a new perspective on this book

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete